Dear Solomon Family--
I am wishing everyone well on this beautiful Wednesday.
With the opening up of playgrounds, we have put our basketball rims back up, consistent with what is happening at other parks and schools across the city. Also, we have added some district-provided signage reminding families that use our playground of our requests while using the playground equipment, including mask wearing, social distancing, and sanitizer use.
We have a few needs, now that the weather is nicer and we are seeing more individuals use our playground:
- The Solomon playground and turf is reserved each day between 9am-4pm for students who are attending in-person learning on that day.
- Many of our teachers are taking students outside for class, which we are encouraging, and having to compete with remote learners and the community-at-large for space increases the risk of pod mixing. Having had positive cases of COVID-19 at Solomon, we are very conscientious about ensuring the safety of our students and staff, and one way we can do that it is by not mixing pods.
- As a result, we ask that parents help us in keeping remote learners off of our playground until 4pm.
- We welcome anyone to use our playground after 4pm in a safe and socially-distant way.
- Last, we need our community's help on picking up our trash. I have noticed the past few mornings that our turf field has been littered with items left behind. Please help us with having these items find their way to our garbage cans, as it allows us to utilize our custodians for classroom and building cleaning protocols rather than trash pick-up.
Thank you for your assistance, as always. All of these requests are made with the hopes of keeping everyone as safe as we can.
Hannah G. Solomon Elementary School